Sunday, March 01, 2009

Weight and Wellness update

In case anyone is curious (or cares), I've been doing really well with the crazy Wii Fit motivator. That little board is kinda uncaring about your reasons for not at the very least checking in so I try to do that as often as I can. I can't work out using the Wii Fit as much as I'd like because after a day at the office, I. Am. Tired. But with what I have done I've lost 12 lbs. :D

Not all of this is because of exercise. A crucial weightloss component in the last month or so was getting viciously sick. That has to at least account for about 3 lbs or so. I've also been forced to confront how I eat and this is probably the biggest source for me. I've always been able to eat what I want and sometimes not really worry about portions and been fine. NOT SO ANYMORE! Wow, that small second helping or the handful of this or that fun-size afternoon Snickers pick-me-up really does translate into a pound here and there, which all adds up. Cutting out the snacks (thank GOD for gum with that one), cutting back a little on my portions AND being aware of when I am full have helped a LOT. I hope to lose another pound or two (we'll see) and then just maintain that.

The one downer in all this? I'd finally been trying to accept my size and buying clothes to fit it. Now those clothes (PANTS) are too big. I hate pant shopping. HATE IT. Someone please tell me why designers of pants in my price range keep insisting on using models and forms that have no hips! OR they do have hips but then the waist must not be that much smaller. These people must not live in the same reality that I do. Maybe I should just buy some belts and hope that a loved one will be so affronted by my belted-too-big pants that I'll be accepted onto What Not to Wear. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

I think you would really enjoy this fair trade/all eco friendly shop that's next to the yoga studio I've been going to. I've already found gifts for you and Gavin there!

As for pants, I've come to the realization that they must be altered. Out of the probably 12 or so pairs of dress pants, I have 3 pairs that have never had, or will go to the tailor. And they still must be worn with a belt.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home