Shocked, Horrified, Sickened
This just makes me want to scream.
At first I thought I'd post about this article and talk in hypotheticals about how I hope to raise my daughter (IF I have one) and teach her values, morals, etc. And then I stopped and realized, this all stemmed from a guy (sorry, I just cannot call that cowardly slimeball scumbag a man because he's not one AT ALL). I have a son. What can I do, especially as a mother, to raise my son to be an upstanding man and how to properly treat women?
I know the best way children learn is by watching their parents. Fortunately this is an easy one because not only is Rob just plain wonderful anyway, but we both love and respect one another, even when we drive each other crazy. ;) I want Gavin to learn early on it's "Ladies first." I'd like for him to open doors for his grandmothers, offer to help Mom with dinner or dishes, be respectful to girl friends and girlfriends. All that stuff. I could not tolerate my son becoming violent and abusive. In fact, I will not.
If you're curious on his progress thus far with treatment of girls... well, let's just say that he's a toddler and he's a toddler BOY. Rob and Gavin do this head butting thing as like a funny-guy-bonding-show-of-affection (yeah, I'm with you girls. I don't get it either). Well now Gavin's head butting the girls at day care, most particularly Sydney (an adorable little blonde). *siiiiiigh* We're working on him. I don't expect lessons to truly click until he's well past his teen years but I can still try!

1 Comments:
That's just stupid.
I hate to say this but a lot of people like those girls don't learn until it either A. Happens to them or B. They experience it 2nd hand by having it happen to their friend or something.
I play vball with a girl who was beaten by her boyfriend on several occasions... it took her over a year to finally take him to court and break it off.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home