Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So, explain this to me...

..because I just don't get it. This Christmas Day terrorist had a syringe in his underwear, which was his explosive devise, correct? He didn't get up to go the bathroom to ignite it, I haven't heard that he got something out of his bag or used a book/magazine. He had it in his underwear, which would be on his person and not in a bag. Have I got all this right so far?

So can someone please explain how all these new, tighter security rules are going to help?? What bearing does no bathroom 1 hour before landing have on what happened Christmas Day? How does not giving me access to the snacks in my purse (a purse that was scanned by security) for my kid prevent future terrorist attacks? The only security response that I see people discussing that is truly in response to what actually happened is this body scan thing. Everything else is ridiculous stupidity that is probably making terrorists overseas wet themselves from laughing so hard.

And would I feel my privacy rights are violated by having a body scan? I don't know. But if my name (whether it's me or someone else who also has my name) is on a threat list somewhere I guess I'd expect to be scanned. Stop going after every single member of the public, even little kids, and take a harder look at the names already tagged as having terrorist ties! THOSE are the people who should go through every last security loop we have at our fingertips!

And let people go to the bathroom for crying out loud you idiot "security" people!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home