Sunday, November 08, 2009

Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts, as requested

Made this last night and thought it turned out really well. :) Bragged about it a bit on FB so now the recipe has been requested...Here ya go, along with my notes:

Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

1 cup ricotta cheese (I don't like ricotta so I used small curd cottage cheese instead)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pesto sauce (If you freeze in ice cube trays like I do, this is about 4-5 pesto cubes)
6 chicken breasts, pounded out thin (Use all 6 but cut in half like you would if you were butterflying them, only cut all the way through. This way the portions are a bit more reasonable)
Salt and pepper
1/2 can (10.5oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup white wine
Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (These are to echo the pesto so use whatever nut and herb that you used in your pesto, if it's homemade. I used basil and walnuts so, if so inclined, I'd used walnuts instead of pine nuts)

In a small mixing bowl, combine cheeses and pesto. Place a dollop of the cheese/pesto mixture on each flattened chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place rolls in crockpot and season with salt and pepper.

In another small bowl mix soup, milk and white wine. Pour soup mixture over the chicken breast rolls. Cover; cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 3-4 hours. Garnish with pine nuts and basil. Makes 6 servings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home