Monday, November 09, 2009

Upstairs Bathroom Update: Phase 2, day 1

It's that time again!! :D Time to tackle Phase 2 of my effort to update our upstairs bathroom. In August I ripped off all the old wallpaper, washed and primed the walls. Now my goal this week is to have the cabinets and walls painted (phase 3 will be the Mirror Wall with tiling, new mirror and light fixture. Phase 4 will be the floor). Today I hit my target of having the cabinets sanded and primed as well as having most of the walls trimmed out. :)

For more pics check out my FB page.


Been waiting 3 years to take this ridiculous, cheap, ugly towel ring off the cabinet. I'd like to slap whoever thought that would be a good idea.


Cabinet doors are off and got primed in the basement.


Primed!


So the blue I picked out, named "East Coast" (LOVE IT!!), is drying a bit darker than I'd envisioned but it's already growing on me. I think part of the problem is I'm comparing this color to the stark, white primer that it's up against. Should be better once all the walls are done and the cabinets are finished in the pretty dark brown. :)


Painting behind a toilet sucks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous aunt swa said...

OOOOOOO perfect ideas for holiday gifts are coming.

I like the comment about the plastic towel ring..
I mean if you're going to do a towel ring you might as well spend the $10 and not .75 of slap worthy-ness right?

11:45 PM  
Blogger Madame S said...

Not only that but who randomly screws a towel ring into a cabinet IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR??? Ugh. So awful... I need to post new pics of what I finished up last week. Your mom and I clearly have the same color schemes going on in our upstairs bathrooms! ;)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Grandpa said...

Aarrrgh, Keep up the fair work!

LYL, Dad

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home