I'm sorry, can you repeat that?
Gavin's been babbling a lot lately. It's super cute because sometimes it's not his typical grunts or whines... he' using his tongue, lips and mouth more to make sounds. He's particularly into sounds using his lips ("puh," "buh" and "muh" for example). It's so much fun to sit and talk to him and watch him focus on my mouth and try and imitate what I'm saying.
So why am I posting about my babbling baby tonight? Because tonight he got me all worked up... tonight he said "mama." Of course I've been practically floating the rest of the evening as a result, thinking he knows how to say mama now. :) Then I do some research online and find that infants usually say their first words around 12 months. Gavin isn't quite 6 months yet. So much as I'd love to believe my son is a prodigy, the reality is probably more likely that he was making sounds and we just got super excited about these random sounds he's put together.
Still....it's nice to think he knows his Mama. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home