Peas and... green beans?
I'll have to nag Mr. S about giving me access to pictures later but I thought I'd y'all know how the "real" food introduction went.
Right after Christmas we started giving Gavin a little rice cereal. He seemed to really take to it... so much so in fact that he felt that Mommy and Daddy never could handle the spoon correctly and he can do it himself. That's always funny. ;) Anywho, this weekend I thought we should try mixing in a vegetable. At first I thought the intro order was orange/yellow, green and then fruit. Chris at day care corrected us and said to do green first because it's the least sweet (once baby has sweet, he won't want anything else). Not a big deal though because we have a nice little stash of all colors veggies AND fruits.
Green beans was first. Since my niece is not a fan I wasn't sure what to expect. It crossed my mind that perhaps I should have purchased a slicker for myself or even stripped down to the bare minimum in case he spit it all out. I fed him that first spoonful and held my breath. He got this adorable considering look on his face and then opened his mouth again. After a few bites, if I delayed a few seconds too long with the next mouthful he started to fuss. After finishing and taking the bowl away he really began to fuss. Victory!!! :D Gavin likes green beans. We fed him the beans again last night and got the same response so I'm positive now it wasn't a fluke. Technically we should have given him more tonight however the container was accidentally left out all night so I felt better tossing it. Only other green veggie in the pantry I could quickly see was peas.
Peas didn't garner quite the same reaction. Gavin didn't desperately grab onto the spoon with both hands (only one this time). He also waited longer between bites before whining. However at the end of the meal the same fussing began. Somebody likes his vegetables!! :D:D:D:D
I guess all those first trimester salads had to count for something right? ;)

1 Comments:
I'm glad it went so successfully! :) He's going to LOVE fruits.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home