Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Interesting...

I was reading my Parents magazine and found an amusingly interesting article that basically is a horoscope for mommies. I don't usually go for that kind of thing, mostly because I don't think they're right, but every once in a while some parts are either spot on or eerily close. I found mine to be rather interesting:

"You're an independent thinker who doesn't feel the need to buy the latest kid gear (unless it's really great). Instead of following advice in books, you go with your instincts. You'll encourage your child to explore his world without boundaries and to follow his interests. Still, since he may not be as footloose as you are, it pays to provide him with some structure (such as a set routine for meals and sleep and strict limits for screen time).

The Year Ahead: The forecast calls for you to socialize more with moms. Share your ideas, and don't hesitate to show off pics of your cutie--even if doing so seems conformist to you!"

A few things jumped out at me... 1) I kind of refuse to read baby or parenting books. Yeah, I do read Parents magazine but other than that I just don't have the time, nor do I feel compelled to research how to raise my child. Mostly because every child is so different and his development may or may not follow what the latest parenting author tells me. So why waste my time? I'll ask other moms or his doctor if I have questions.

2) If you know me, you know I'm structured so that whole thing that implies I may not be is sooooo false. ;)

3) In the Year Ahead part, I was intrigued that I should socialize with other moms. It's been on my mind for a long time that I need to do just that, or join a mommies group or something where I'm around people like me. Problem is right now I still work so much, I just don't have the time.

4) Also in the forecast part, I was amused about sharing pictures because I really not to be "that person" who bombards people who just don't care with pictures of my "perfect" (HA!) son. Ironically, or eerily depending on how you look at it, my boss today gave me a digital photo key chain thingy where I can put a bunch of pictures on it instead of carrying around loose ones in my purse or wallet. Was he aware of my Mommy Horoscope??? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home