I. Am. EXHAUSTED.
I learned this week that Gavin doesn't necessarily need 2 naps anymore. Oh if we really wanted to he could take 2 naps, but neither would be for very long. In my usual effort to be consistent with what he gets at daycare, I adjusted my weekend thought process about what I'd need to get done and when to accomodate this change in his schedule.
Don't get me wrong, a huge part of me is THRIIIIIIIIIIIILLED to be liberated from the house for a few more hours, especially in the morning. :) Today being the first day though for me on his "new" schedule I am just utterly exhausted. Didn't help that I woke up around 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. Here's a summary taste of what I've done so far today to wear both Gavin and I out:
After showering and dressing, I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the downstairs. Then it was time to get Gavin up, dressed and fed. Shortly after he finished breakfast we head out to the grocery store to get some desperately needed shopping done. He was soooooooo good at the store!!!! Then back home to unload and put things away before getting back into the car, this time to the zoo (by now it's 10:00 in case you're wondering). We wander around the zoo for an hour and a half and he eats his lunch while checking out the elephants and giraffes. I could tell he was getting tired because he wasn't as anxious to be out of the stroller. Although he loved the big cat house and ran around that for a good 15-20 minutes. I know I did a good job tiring him when less than 5 minutes into the car ride home I glance back and he's passed out in the backseat (yay Mama!). As soon as we get home he goes to bed and I finally eat my own lunch, get some laundry started, clean up dog vomit (thank you Monte), mop the floors (which I was going to do anyway) and try to relax a little. I'm still hoping to make a couple half pans of enchiladas for the freezer today but I can feel my energy easily seeping out of my pores with every movement so I'm trying to conserve for when he gets up.
Gotta get used to this. Tomorrow there's this children's clothing resale at a local high school that I've been looking forward to but I've also been thinking that a trip to the library would be fun too. We'll see how the morning goes. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home