My son is one week old today.
Wow. There's a lot of emotion rolled up in that one short sentence. "My son." I have a child!!! I just want to grin and giggle like a little girl when I say that. When I think it I just have to pause sometimes and absorb the wonder of it all. I have a child, a son. How cool is that???? And he's beautiful and precious and all mine (ok, well, I share him with Mr S but you get the point). I'd say he was perfect too but 1) that would be cocky and 2) he'd have to fix this nasty habit of screaming for 4+ hours each night.
Gavin is a week old. Just one week ago I was in the OR hearing his first cries and anxiously waiting for someone to bring him to me. Then I saw his little face surrounded by cap and blanket and it was just so incredible. He is my little love, even though he's determined to rob me of sleep. How much longer before I realize that one year has passed, 5 years, 18 years.....I'm determined to enjoy him every minute; even if that means I just sit back and watch I want to absorb it all.
And now my little man is demanding my attention (actually he's demanding something else really because I think he needs to eat). :)

2 Comments:
and now your friends are waiting for some PICTURES!!! :-)
AWWWWW! Glad to know you are doing well.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home