Friday, March 16, 2007

Long time no update

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Since I normally avoid the computer while I'm at home I do most of my blogging at work and work has been INSANE the last few weeks. However after a good chat with my boss yesterday I think he's finally realizing that I need more help in the office so maybe a new hire is in our short-term future! *fingers crossed*

Things have been good for us lately...pretty quiet outside of work. We finished up the big stuff for our bedroom a few weeks ago and moved in a couple weeks ago. Still need to refinish the cover for the vent and also put the trim back up around the room but it's definitely liveable and soooooooooo much nicer now!! I'll try to bug Mr. S for the pictures he took so I can post them. We picked a pretty bright blue for the room (anyone who saw the swatch gave me the "are you crazy?" look) but with the woodwork, our furniture and of course the quilt from which we picked the color, the room looks really good. :)

Now that we've moved into this room we're free to start work on the baby's room (and by "we" I mean Mr. S). I'm getting a little nervous that since work hasn't begun that we might be rushing to finish everything before the baby comes. Now, first let me say that when I mention "work on the room" I'm not talking about simply slapping up a coat of paint and hanging curtains. The woodwork in our house badly needs some loving so we've (again, read Mr. S) been refinishing it... which involves chemicals. And after the woodwork is finished then we can paint the room. AND about 15 years ago maybe someone covered up the hardwood floors with some so-so carpeting that previous owners stained to death so those need to be ripped up and floors cleaned up and waxed. Obviously this is a lot of work that really needs to get done before the baby comes. ;) But I'll be happy once the woodwork is done because I know the painting and floors go much faster. I'll keep you posted!

I'll try to post some pictures we've taken recently... both of our bedroom and also of my profile to show how much I've grown! :) Stay tuned!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home