Self-Esteem and shoes
So I've been kinda down on myself since Gavin was born about my appearance. Technically speaking I'm back to my pre-preggo weight but some of that weight has shifted and now I've got stretch marks....just usually feel a twinge yucky about myself (Mr. S is WONDERFUL for putting up with me!!!).
This weekend wasn't as much fun as I would have liked and this morning was stressful because I discovered an invoice oops that was completely my fault that I needed to confess to my boss. To try and combat all these icky feelings I decided to put on one of my more fool-proof outfits to make me feel good about myself and hopefully achieve that mental state that I'm projecting. I've worn this one before but I bought new (sexy) shoes this weekend that I wanted to wear with it. It's a black pencil skirt (back is super duper sexy with lots of seaming and multiple slits instead of just one), a black stretchy top that has a blue floral print on the front (very splashy, sassy and vibrant; kind of Asian-inspired in style). I got these fantastic black strappy heels yesterday and wore some fun black bead jewelry I just got from hosting a Lia Sophia party. I've noticed multiple second looks but just had a run-in at the post office that has me grinning.
Needed to get some stamps and drop a package in the mail and I prefer to go before the lunch rush. There's a few people there but not a whole lot. I sense a woman looking at me but I just keep to myself and prep my package for shipping. As I'm about to leave this woman comes up to me to ask about my skirt. She was curious about where I worked and what I did because I looked so put together and professional. WOW!!!! And here I'm just trying to make myself feel better! We swapped business cards although I'm not sure if she'll contact me. And if she does, hey...always nice to have get together with another girl seeing as how the bulk of my friends around here are MEN (yay estrogen!). :)
Oh, and the reason for my title is simply this: I've worn this outfit multiple times this summer and though I've gotten compliments before, never like this. The difference? The SHOES!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home