We're OK
By now you may have heard about the explosion in Milwaukee. I want everyone to know that Mr. S and I are fine.
Falk Corporation, which my office has done business with in the past, exploded shortly after 8:00 a.m. This plant is located to west of downtown Milwaukee (north and little west of where we live). We live about 15 minutes south so our home and lives so far were not and have not been affected. I was in the office though when the blast occurred, but I was on the phone. Apparently I must have been listening very intently because I did not hear or feel the blast but I've learned that many others downtown heard and felt it. It could even be felt as far as about 20-30 minutes south of the city. We're talking quite a boom here.
I don't personally know of anyone who works at Falk that I'm aware of but I'm sure, in my line of business, that I will come across all manner of people directly affected by this tragedy. So far only two fatalities have been reported. But in an explosion like that, I'm anticipating more. :(
My thoughts and prayers, especially during this holiday time, go out to Falk Corporation, the employees and their families.

1 Comments:
glad you are ok, didn't hear about it till this morning.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home